Mondo Music's Death Waltz Recording Company is thrilled to return to the town of Twin Peaks with their very own version of Season 3's Limited Event Series Score featuring tracks by Angelo Badalamenti, Johnny Jewel, David Lynch and Dean Hurley. The Twin Peaks: Limited Series Event original soundtrack will be available for sale on Thursday, May 9 at MondoTees.com. The 2LP package compliments Death Waltz's previous two Twin Peaks soundtrack releases featuring a red die cut spot gloss sleeve that reveals a key moment in the show.
"Twin Peaks was an absolute game changer when it hit screens in 1990, personally it is burned into my psyche as one of the greatest TV shows of all time, with easily the most iconic soundtrack that has ever graced my ears. When Season 3 was announced I was both terrified and beyond excited. Luckily the show turned out to be absolutely incredible and once again the music was a major player in helping audience connect characters with key themes throughout the Season," said Head of Music Spencer Hickman.
Mike Bozzi at Bernie Grundman Mastering has mastered the vinyl and Bernie Grundman supervised the cutting master with pressing duties being handled by Quality Record Pressings. The work here is incredible, simultaneously breathing new life into familiar themes and creating brand new ear worms in the form of smokey jazz, ambient and industrial styling. The score is thick with atmosphere and dripping in mood and tension, proving once again that Lynch and Badalamenti are bona fide geniuses who deserve every plaudit given to them.
Hickman continued, "Angelo Badalamenti returned to score the show with help from David Lynch and Johnny Jewell (The Chromatics) and the results are incredible, truly a score to get lost in and return to again and again. I am thrilled we get to return to this little town of Twin Peaks and put our own little twist on this incredible show."
- Twin Peaks: Limited Series Event Series Soundtrack 2XLP:
- Various Artists
- Pressed on 2X 180 vinyl (Cherry Pie Splatter & Machine Room Grey)
- CAT NUMBER DW150
- SIDE A
- 1. Twin Peaks Theme (Falling) - Angelo Badalamenti
- 2. American Woman (David Lynch Remix) - Muddy Magnolias
- 3. Laura Palmer's Theme (Love Theme From Twin Peaks) - Angelo Badalamenti
- 4. Accident / Farewell Theme - Angelo Badalamenti*
- 5. Grady Groove (feat. Grady Tate) - Angelo Badalamenti
- SIDE B
- 1. Windswept (Reprise) - Johnny Jewel
- 2. Dark Mood Woods / The Red Room - Angelo Badalamenti
- 3. The Chair - Angelo Badalamenti*
- 4. Deer Meadow Shuffle - Angelo Badalamenti
- SIDE C
- 1. Threnody For The Victims Of Hiroshima (with Warsaw National Philharmonic Orchestra) - Witold Rowicki/Krzysztof Penderecki
- 2. Slow 30's Room - David Lynch & Dean Hurley
- 3. The Fireman - Angelo Badalamenti*
- SIDE D
- 1. Saturday (Instrumental) - Chromatics
- 2. Headless Chicken - Thought Gang (Angelo Badalamenti & David Lynch)
- 3. Night - Angelo Badalamenti*
- 4. Heartbreaking - Angelo Badalamenti*
- 5. Audrey's Dance - Angelo Badalamenti
- 6. Dark Space Low - Angelo Badalamenti*