NBC has announced it will debut Dick Wolf's Chicago P.D. (the spin-off of Chicago Fire) at 10 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8, as well as the season premiere of Community with back-to-back episodes from 8-9 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 2.
Community then settles into its 8 p.m. time period on Jan. 9 followed by Parks and Recreation at 8:30, replacing Welcome to the Family. The Jan. 9 episode will be the show's 100th and was co-written by Amy Poehler and Michael Schur.
Replacing Ironside in the 10 p.m. Wednesday time slot for November and December will be a string of original programming, including new episodes of Dateline crime stories, Saturday Night Live holiday-themed specials and holiday music specials starring Kelly Clarkson and Michael Bublé. Highlights of the detailed week-by-week list are included below.
Thursday nights from 8-9 p.m. for the remainder of the fall will include original back-to-back Parks and Recreation episodes, specials such as SNL Halloween, plus a previously-announced edition of The Voice and no-tv|The Sound of Music Live! broadcast. In addition, The Sing-Off moves into the time period in December for two weeks. Highlights of the detailed week-by-week list are also included below.
Chicago P.D. will star Jason Beghe, Jon Seda, and Sophia Bush as Windy City cops. The show is a spinoff of NBC's popular Tuesday night drama Chicago Fire, which continues to see significant ratings increases in its second season.
Dick Wolf, Matt Olmstead, Michael Brandt, Derek Haas, Peter Jankowski, Danielle Gelber and director Joe Chappelle serve as executive producers. Chicago P.D. is a production of Universal Television and Wolf Films.
Community, which is set to begin its fifth season, examines the students and faculty of Greendale Community College. The series stars Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Yvette Nicole Brown, Danny Pudi, Alison Brie, Donald Glover and Ken Jeong.
Community was created by Dan Harmon, who serves as executive producer. Russ Krasnoff also serves as executive producer, along with Gary Foster and Chris McKenna. Tristram Shapeero is executive producer/director.
The series is a Krasnoff Foster Entertainment, Harmonious Claptrap production, in association with Universal Television and Sony Pictures Television.
Going forward, NBC Wednesday 10 p.m. timeslot:
- Oct. 30: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (encore of season premiere)
- Nov. 6: Dateline (original)
- Nov. 13: Dateline (original)
- Nov. 20: Dateline (original)
- Nov. 27: SNL Thanksgiving
- Dec. 4: SNL Christmas (9-11 p.m.)
- Dec. 11: Kelly Clarkson Christmas Special
- Dec. 18: Michael Bublé Christmas Special
- Jan. 8, 2014: Premiere of Chicago P.D.
Going forward, Thursday 8 p.m. timeslot:
- Oct. 24: The Voice (encore)
- Oct. 31: SNL Halloween
- Nov. 7: The Voice (live)
- Nov. 14: Parks and Recreation (back-to-back new episodes)
- Nov. 21: Parks and Recreation (back-to-back new episodes)
- Nov. 28: NBC Sunday Night Football Thanksgiving game
- Dec. 5: The Sound of Music Live telecast
- Dec. 12: The Sing-Off
- Dec. 19: The Sing-Off
- Jan. 2, 2014: Season premiere of Community (back-to-back episodes)
- Jan. 9: 100th episode of Parks and Recreation (8:30 p.m.)