FXX, the entertainment network which debuts on Monday, September 2 (7:00 AM ET/PT), has secured distribution deals with every major provider and will be carried in 72 million homes at launch. The announcement was made by Mike Hopkins, President, Distribution, Fox Networks, who had this to say in a statement.
"With this expansion FXX will be able to deliver even more of the fearless brand of programming viewers have come to expect from FX Networks. And it's important to acknowledge that none of this would be possible without our distribution partners."
FXX has created a website, GetFXX.com, so viewers can learn where to find the channel on their system.
FXX initially will be built on the foundation of original comedy series, movies and acquired series, and expand to include original drama series, all primarily targeted to Adults 18-34. The network will be anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League. The network has an exciting launch week planned with the Season 9 premiere of Sunny and the Season 5 debut of The League, along with the launch of the critically acclaimed late night show Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell, all of which kick off on Wednesday, September 4.
FXX is the new basic cable entertainment network launching on September 2, 2013. Geared toward a young adult audience, the schedule will feature original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel will be anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League and Legit, and the critically acclaimed late-night strip, Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell. Chozen, a new animated comedy will launch in first quarter 2014. At launch, FXX will be carried in 72 million homes. FXX and its sister channels FX and FXM comprise FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox.
SEPTEMBER 2013 FXX PROGRAMMING HIGHLIGHTS:
- September 2, 2013 Parks and Recreation Marathon - 34 episodes, Monday, September 2 from 7:00 AM - midnight e/p
- - September 4, 2013 It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Season 9 Premiere Wednesday, September 4 @ 10:00 PM e/p
- - September 4, 2013 The League - Season 5 Premiere Wednesday, September 4 @ 10:30 PM e/p
- - September 4, 2013 Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell - Debuts as daily late night strip Wednesday, September 4 @ 11:00pm e/p
- - September 21, 2013 2013 Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards - Saturday, September 21 @ 9:00pm - 11:00pm e/p
FXX COMMERCIAL TELEVISION MOVIE PREMIERES:
- September 4, 2013 Bad Teacher, 8:00pm e/p
- September 11, 2013 Friends with Benefits, 7:30pm e/p
- September 18, 2013 Hall Pass, 8:00pm e/p
- September 25, 2013 30 Minutes or Less, 8:00pm e/p
FXX ACQUIRED SERIES: