Netflix has officially announced that Altered Carbon is coming back for Season 2. And it will have an altered cast of new characters coming in for more sci-fi shockers and futuristic drama. The streaming giant kicks off this news with this tagline, teasing what fans can expected.
"New Stacks. New Sleeves. Quell returns. Poe is back.."
Favorites Renée Elise Goldsberry and Chris Conner will return to Altered Carbon in the all-new upcoming episodes. Along for the ride this time are Simone Missick, Dina Shihabi, Torben Liebrecht and James Saito, who have all recently joined the cast.
As Previously Announced, Anthony Mackie is Takeshi Kovacs, taking over the role from Joel Kinnaman. Season Two has just begin shooting. More than 300 years in the future, society has been transformed by new technology, leading to human bodies being interchangeable and death no longer being permanent. Takeshi Kovacs is the only surviving soldier of a group of elite interstellar warriors who were defeated in an uprising against the new world order. His mind was imprisoned for centuries until impossibly wealthy businessman Laurens Bancroft offers him the chance to live again. Kovacs will have to do something for Bancroft, though, if he wants to be resurrected. Bancroft's request of Kovacs is to solve a murder -- Bancroft's. Altered Carbon is based on Richard K. Morgan's cyberpunk noir novel of the same name.
Currently in production on Season Two, Altered Carbon, the compelling and sophisticated sci-fi drama starring Anthony Mackie as Takeshi Kovacs confirms the return of fan-favorites Renée Elise Goldsberry as Quellcrist Falconer and Chris Conner as Poe. Also joining the cast as mentioned above is Simone Missick as Trepp; Dina Shihabi is Dig 301, Torben Liebrecht as Colonel Carrera; and James Saito is Tanaseda Hideki. Additional cast to be announced in the coming months.
- Character descriptions are below:
- Anthony Mackie as Takeshi Kovacs: A former Protectorate CTAC soldier who became a revolutionary Envoy, and then a mercenary for hire, Kovacs swears allegiance to no man or woman except one: Quellcrist Falconer. His undying quest to reconnect with her spans multiple centuries, planets and sleeves.
- Renee Elise Goldsberry as Quellcrist Falconer: A fierce revolutionary leader with a deep bond to Takeshi Kovacs, Quell is driven by her desire to reset the balance between life and death.
- Chris Conner as Poe: A centuries-old, highly-evolved A.I. and loyal companion to Takeshi Kovacs, Poe strives to understand what it means to be human.
- Simone Missick is Trepp: An expert bounty hunter, Trepp is known for her ability to track down anyone in the Settled Worlds, for the right price.
- Dina Shihabi is Dig 30: An out-of-work A.I. programmed to assist human archeologists, Dig finds a new purpose when she meets Poe.
- Torben Liebrecht as Colonel Ivan Carrera: The dogged leader of a Protectorate Special Forces unit known as the "Wedge," Colonel Carrera is on the hunt for Takeshi Kovacs.
- James Saito is Tanaseda Hideki: A centuries-old Yakuza boss, Tanaseda controls organized crime on the planet of Harlan's World and shares a history with Takeshi Kovacs.
Based on the classic science fiction novels by Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon is from Skydance Television. Alison Schapker, Laeta Kalogridis and James Middleton serve as executive producers for the series, alongside David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross for Skydance. This latest news was announced by Altered Carbon on Netflix streaming.