Smallville: The Complete Ninth Season Saves The Day on DVD and Blu-ray on September 7th
You can bring home the latest season of a long-running CW Network series on both DVD and Blu-ray this September. Smallville: The Complete Ninth Season will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on September 7. This six-disc DVD set will be priced at $59.98 SRP while the four-disc Blu-ray set will be priced at $69.97 SRP. Both sets will contain all 21 episodes of this season and you can take a look at the cover art and special features below. The series stars Tom Welling, Allison Mack, Erica Durance, Cassidy Freeman and Justin Hartley.
Great planet, Earth is. So great that other survivors of Planet Krypton wouldn't mind making it home and taking control. But fellow Kryptonian Clark Kent has a warning for Zod and his followers who cross the line, especially if they seek to enlist Lois Lane in their schemes: I will destroy you all! Hearts grow fonder (Clark & Lois) and dangers grow stronger (Clark vs. warriors of Zod) in this 21-Episode Season 9 Collection. Plus, unexpected characters from DC Comics lore add exciting new layers to the adventures of the man who will become Superman. Among them: the shape-shifting Wonder Twins, magical Zantanna, and Justice Society of America's Dr. Fate, Hawkman and Stargirl. May justice prevail - and Earth survive!
- Kneel Before Zod Featurette - Since the Silver age, the house of EL has been plagued by the disreputable deeds of the Kryptonian villain, Zod. Now Smallville brings this infamous foe face-to-face with earth's greatest hero, Clark Kent. Over the course of the season, Smallville promises to show us the rise of Zod's venomous side, key betrayals with our beloved characters, and his rising from Major to General Zod. In this docu-featurette, we'll create an in-depth look at this dynamic criminal from Krypton, his
- origins in DC's silver age, and his various appearances in more recent film, animation, and live-action television.
- - Justice for All Featurette - In the early 1940s, DC Comics formed the first team of superheroes in comic book history, with the Justice Society of America (JSA), pushing some of DC's lesser known heroes to the forefront; Dr. Fate, Hawkman, Starman and Stargirl
- to name a few. Season nine of Smallville will see these characters in the "fantastical flesh" for the first time. In this script-to-screen featurette, we'll meet with Smallville Creatives as they bring one of comic books' iconic team of superheroes to television for the first time.
- - Cast/Creator Commentaries on episodes Idol and Kandor
- - Unaired Scenes