- By TVweb | May 29, 2012
- Mance Rayder: A former member of the Night's Watch who became the "King Beyond the Wall," the leader of the Wildlings.
- Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.
- Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.
- Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.
- Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark's uncle.
- Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon's wife.
- Shireen: Stannis' daughter.
- Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell's sharp-witted grandmother.
- Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.
- Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.
- Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.
Game of Thrones Season 3 will be based on the first half of George R.R. Martin's book, A Storm of Swords, the third book in his Song of Fire and Ice series. Season 4 will cover the second half of the 1,216-page book. Series creator David Benioff also said that there are "a few others," who he did not list above, so look for even more characters to pop up when the show returns next spring.
Game of Thrones wraps up Season 2 with Episode 2.10: Valar Morghulis on Sunday, June 3 at 9 PM ET on HBO.